Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable private van.
Start your full-day tour to explore all the beauties of Arles.
Arles is a must destination in Provence. It offers a sumptuous UNESCO Heritage.
It is also forever the city where Vincent Van Gogh reached the top of his art.
Our Arles Tour includes:
- A panoramic drive across Provence on the road to Arles: You will see countryside of Provence, the Alpilles mountains, the Camargue Natural Park and many landscapes painting by Vincent Van Gogh.
- A panoramic tour of Arles to fully understand the city: You will see the Roman Aqueduct, the Alyscamps, the Rhône River, the Roman Bridge, the train station next to which Van Gogh had his bedroom, the Langlois bridge painted by Van Gogh, the City Walls.
- A guided walking tour into the pedestrian historical center: Arles is the city of Provence with most UNESCO Heritage monuments. Follow your guide in the historical center and see the Saint Trophime church and its cloister, the Roman Amphitheater and the Roman Theater. Your guide will also show you the Roman baths, the ancient Roman Forum square and the unique “cryptoportiques” (underground storage system from the Roman Empire).
- Stop for lunch in one of the many good restaurants in the town. You may like to taste the local specialty: the bull stew served with rice from Camargue.
- In the afternoon follow the trail of Van Gogh. See many places where he was painting in the city and where reproduction of his masterpieces are visible. Your guide will lead you to Van Gogh’s café and you will enter the ancient hospital where he had been admitted after he cut his ear. This former hospital is now an art center.
Your guide will drive you back to your accommodation or cruise by the end of tour.
The tour duration can be adapted to your needs.
Lunch is not included in this tour and can be organized with your guide according to your wishes.
Entrance fees not included.
Have a nice tour in Arles.