Bormes les Mimosas & Hyères Tour
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a full-day tour in Hyères les Palmiers and Bormes les Mimosas.
Our Bormes les Mimosas and Hyères Tour includes:
- A scenic drive along the coast of Provence to Bormes-les-Mimosas. The 12th century village is set in a magnificent natural amphitheater with superb views on the Lavandou Bay, the Golden Islands and the Port-Cros National Park. Celebrated as one of the most beautiful villages in Europe, Bormes counts more than 700 species of plants and flowers due to its exceptional mild climate and light.
- Guided walking tour of Bormes les Mimosas:
- Explore the village flower-lined lanes and medieval covered passageways.
- You will view the 13th century castle, home of the earls of Provence that proudly dominates the city.
- View the village coral-colored houses and be sure to stop for photographs along the Parcours Fleuri. This flower-lined walkway near the chapel and the castle provides a panorama of Lavandou Bay, the Dom Forest and the village.
- Transfer to Hyères les Palmiers. Lunch can be organized either in Bormes or in Hyères.
- Continue along the coast for a panoramic drive to Hyères les Palmiers, the oldest seaside resort in Provence. Led by the English, European royalty and notables began frequenting Hyères in the 18th century. Many artists and writers such as Victor Hugo, Robert Louis Stevenson, Leo Tolstoy came to Hyéres to enjoy its attractive mild climate and true Provence atmosphere.
- Take a guided tour of the medieval old town located four kilometers from the waterfront. Explore the narrow medieval lanes and enjoy beautiful views of the city and the Golden Islands from the terrace of the Park Sainte- Claire. This picturesque garden was re-designed by the American writer Edith Wharton during her stay in Hyères between 1927 and 1937. Thanks to its unique micro-climate, Hyères is a major center for palm-tree production in Europe and many species can be admired along its streets.
Lunch will be organized with your guide according to your wishes and your budget and is not included.
Have a great tour in Provence.