Loving Cézanne Tour
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a full-day tour in Aix en Provence.
Walk in the footsteps of Paul Cézanne.
Visit all the places where he lived and painted during his life.
Have a tour around the Sainte Victoire Mountain that he painted more than 80 times.
Enter the intimate life of the master in his workshop.
See some of his paintings in Aix en Provence Museum.
Our Cézanne Tour includes:
- Drive around the landscapes Cezanne loved and painted so many times (Sainte Victoire mountain & surroundings of Aix en Provence).
- Photo stop along the road at Cezanne wind mill in Le Tholonet.
- Private tour inside Cézanne Workshop in Aix en Provence by the Lauves hills. According to Pablo Picasso, he is “the father of Cubist painting”. Your guide will tell you why Cezanne has such a fame considering modern art.
- Take some time for lunch in the center of Aix en Provence.
- Guided walking tour of the pedestrian center of Aix en provence including:
- the school where Cézanne studied with his best friend Emile Zola
- the houses where he grew up (Chapellerie du Cours Mirabeau and Jas de Bouffan)
- the Granet Museum where you can admire paintings of Cézanne
- the bronze statue of Cézanne by Auguste renoir hidden in the streets of Aix en provence.
- the Cathedral Saint Sauveur, the City Hall Palace, the Market Palace, the Mazarin neighborhood.
- Aix en Provence is also known as the most beautiful city of Provence. Its nickname is the “Little Versailles of Provence”. You will love its elegant atmosphere and you may enjoy the local shops in the city center.
Lunch will be organized listening to your wishes and is not included.
Entrance fees are not included.
Have a nice tour.