Avignon & Chateauneuf du Pape Wine Tour
Meet your professional tour guide and your bus driver at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable private bus.
Explore the UNESCO city of Avignon & taste the nicest wines in Châteauneuf du Pape.
Our Avignon & Chateauneuf du Pape Wine Tour includes:
- Start with a drive through the countryside of Provence and the Châteauneuf du Pape vineyards along the Rhône river. During the panoramic drive your professional tour guide will tell you every detail about the local wine culture and the wine making process.
- Stop in the village of Châteauneuf du Pape and see the ruins of the former Newcastle of the Pope. The view over all the vineyards and the Rhône is the best from there. Stay in the village or drive to one of the numerous wine estate around the village for a private wine tasting. You will taste different vintages of red and white Châteauneuf du Pape.
- After the tasting you can have lunch in the village, in one of the wine estates or in Avignon.
- Arrive in Avignon and start your exploration with a panoramic tour of the UNESCO city.
- Enjoy a walking guided tour of the pedestrian center including: the Popes Palace, the Popes Gardens, the Pont d’Avignon, the Cathedral, the City Hall square, the Opéra, the middle age neighborhood and its antiquaries.
- You can enjoy some time for shopping and tasting the local specialties in Avignon. Just follow your guide.
Lunch will be organized according to your wishes and is not included.
Entrance fees and wine tasting not included.
Have a great wine tour in Provence.