Excursion Avignon, Les Baux de Provence & Saint Rémy de Provence
A perfect day trip to discover the Popes Palace of Avignon, the Castle of Les Baux de Provence and Van Gogh psychiatric asylum in Saint Rémy de Provence.
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Our Excursion Avignon, Les Baux de Provence & Saint Remy de Provence includes:
- Panoramic tour of Avignon: you will see the City Walls from the fourteenth century, the Barthelasse island, the Castle of Villeneuve les Avignon.
- Guided walking tour into the UNESCO historical center including:
- The twelfth century Bridge of Avignon
- The Popes Palace
- the Opéra and City Hall square
- Panoramic drive across the countryside of Provence passing by the villages of Maussane les Alpilles and Mouriès specialized in olive oil production.
- In Les Baux de Provence, your guide will invite you to enjoy the best art exhibition in Provence in Les Carrières de Lumières.
- Visit of the medieval village of Les Baux de Provence and its impressive castle built upon the rock. Learn the amazing history of the Lords of Les Baux de Provence who were considering themselves descendants of the wise-man Balthazar. From the top of the rock you will love the breathtaking view over the rocky hills and the fields of the Rhone river valley.
- Scenic drive on the road to Saint Rémy de Provence across the vineyards and the Alpilles mountains.
- Guided walking tour into Van Gogh Asylum: Originally a monastery called Saint Paul de Mausole, the asylum is still working as a psychiatric hospital where Art Therapy is being provided. Enter Van Gogh bedroom and walk around the asylum in the fields where reproductions of his paintings are everywhere. An astonishing Roman heritage is also to see at the entrance of the site. There are a Roman Mausoleum and a Roman Arch of Triumph from the first century A.D.
Lunch will be organized with your guide according to your wishes and budget and is not included.
Entrance fees not included.
Have a nice tour in Provence.