Price per tour
5 hour tour in private van for 1 to 8 persons.
Tour starts where you wish: hotel, cruise ship, private residence…
Tour available from Toulon, La Seyne, Saint-Tropez, and their surroundings.
Get your guide contact as soon as you book.
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a half-day tour to Hyères les Palmiers.
Explore the capital city of the palm tree production from its Greek settlement in 400 B.C. to its most modern villas and art exhibitions.
Our Hyères Tour includes:
- Scenic drive along the coast including:
- Hyères Islands also named Golden islands consisting of Porquerolles, Port-Cros and Le Levant. They are a National Park created in 1962 thanks to the works of the famous diver and captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
- Along the coast are also the ancient salt marshes now transform into protected natural areas with rich flora and fauna under the label Natura 2000. Those ancient salt marshes now host colonies of Flamingos year round.
- Hyères was one of the first health resorts on the Côte d’Azur and looking out at the spectacular beaches explains why luminaries such as Queen Victoria, Robert Louis Stevenson and D.H. Lawrence were among the first visitors.
- As you approach Hyères, you will be struck by the thousands of palm trees in and around the town. Seeds were brought here in the 18th century and ever since then palm trees have grown profusely. Known as the palm capital of the world, about 100,000 palm trees are exported each year, giving the town the nickname Hyères Les Palmiers.
- Guided walking tour of the historical center including:
- The ancient Templars tower, its 12th century Romanesque Church and few pieces of its castle.
- Climbing further uphill is the Parc Sainte Claire, an outstanding garden with fantastic views of the peninsula, the bay and the islands. In the garden is the Castel Sainte Clair, a 19th-century home that once belonged to novelist Edith Wharton.
- At the top of Hyères you will see the Medieval Castle of Hyeres. Overlooking the town since the 11th century, its statuesque remnants remain perched on the hill, nestled in the trees.
Your guide will drive you back to your accommodation at the end of the tour.
Lunch is not included in this tour and can be organized with your guide according to your wishes.
Have a nice tour in Hyères les Palmiers.