Fontaine de Vaucluse & L’Isle sur Sorgue Tour
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a full-day tour along the Sorgue River in L’isle sur Sorgue & Fontaine de Vaucluse.
Our Fontaine de Vaucluse & L’Isle sur Sorgue Tour includes:
- Panoramic drive across the countryside of Provence and the Lubéron Natural Park on your way to L’Isle sur Sorgue.
- Guided walking tour of L’Isle sur Sorgue:
- Follow your tour guide for an entire exploration of L’Isle sur Sorgue, its market, its antiquaries, its Cathedral and its local specialties.
- L’Isle sur Sorgue takes its name from the Sorgue river which is surrounding the small town. The word Isle means island in French. It is a peaceful community of farmers and antiquaries living by the river. L’Isle sur Sorgue is an ideal destination to enjoy with its huge market. Several days a week the entire city transforms into a market place.
- Lunch can be organized in L’Isle sur Sorgue or Fontaine de Vaucluse.
- Guided walking tour of Fontaine de Vaucluse:
- Fontaine de Vaucluse is built up around the spring of the Sorgue river. Here the river spring is coming up from 300 hundred meters under the rock. It is called the chasm of the Sorgue. Follow your guide to admire and learn about the ancient caves where the first men settled, the castle old ruins and the paper factories. The must here is to walk up the gentle path leading to the source of the Sorgue river. Along the river you can visit a traditional paper factory.
Lunch will be organized with your guide according to your wishes and your budget and is not included.
Have a great tour in Provence.