Mary Magdalene Tour
Price per tour
8 hour tour in private van for 1 to 8 persons.
Tour starts where you wish: hotel, cruise ship, private residence…
Tour available from Aix en Provence, Marseille, Toulon, La Seyne, Avignon, Arles and their surroundings.
Get your guide contact as soon as you book.
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a full-day to the holly cave of Mary Magdelene & Saint Maximin la Sainte Baume.
Learn everything about the life of the Saint, explore the places where she lived and discover her tomb and relics.
Entrances included in Mary Magdalene Cave, Monastery and Basilica.
After the death of Jesus, the persecuted Christians spread in different parts of the world. Learn how Mary Magdalene landed with other friends in “Les Saintes Maries de la Mer”, literally meaning “The Saint Marys of the Sea”, a small village on the coast of Provence.
Our Mary Magdalene Tour includes:
- Visit the crypt of the Saint Victor Monastery in Marseille, this is where she lived during two years in Marseille before she left the town and went to the mountain. (Entrance included)
- Follow her path to the Sainte Baume Mountain. Your guide will lead you to the Holy Cave where she spent the last thirty three years of her life. It is an easy and large path but steep. Consider about 40 minutes walking up the mountain through the forest to reach Mary Magdalene cave. (Entrance included)
- After your pilgrimage inside Mary Magdalene cave you will go to Saint Maximin la Sainte Baume.
- Enjoy lunch in Saint Maximin la Sainte Baume.
- Mary Magdalene got buried by her friend Maximin in this small town. Your guide will lead you inside Mary Magdalene Basilica, a huge church built in the 13th century upon her tomb. In the crypt you will discover her tomb and her relics. The tomb of Mary Magdalene is officially recognized as the 3rd most important tomb of the Christian History by the Church and Historians. (Entrance included)
Lunch will be organized listening to your wishes and is not included.
Have a great tour on the footsteps of Mary Magdalene.