Loving Van Gogh Tour
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable van.
Enjoy a full-day tour in Arles, Les Baux de Provence & Saint Rémy de Provence.
Walk in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh.
Visit all the places where he lived & painted between 1888 and 1890.
Admire dozens of Van Gogh paintings reproductions exactly where they have been made.
Our Van Gogh Tour includes:
- Panoramic drive across the countryside of Provence and the landscapes painted by Van Gogh.
- Panoramic tour of Arles including: A stop by the Langlois Bridge, the Rhône river, the building where Van Gogh had his bedroom, the Roman Bridge, the City Walls, the Alyscamps, the Roman Aqueduct, the Luma Tower.
- Guided walking tour in the historical center of Arles including: Van Gogh café, the Hospital where Van Gogh arrived after cutting his ear, Van Gogh Garden and all the places where he painted in the city. Arles is also worldwide famous for its UNESCO heritage : the Roman amphitheater and theater, and the magnificent Romanesque Saint Trophime church. You will admire all those monuments during the tour.
- Take some time for lunch in Arles before you take the road to Saint Rémy de Provence.
- Scenic drive on the road to Saint Rémy de Provence passing by the Montmajour Abbey and Les Baux de Provence.
- Guided walking tour into Van Gogh Asylum: Originally a monastery called Saint Paul de Mausole, the asylum is still working as a psychiatric hospital where Art Therapy is being provided. Enter Van Gogh bedroom and walk around the asylum in the fields where reproductions of his paintings are everywhere. An astonishing Roman heritage is also to see at the entrance of the site. There are a Roman Mausoleum and a Roman Arch of Triumph from the first century A.D.
- Explore the small town of Saint Rémy and its lovely shops. Your guide will show you the house where the famous Nostradamus was born and help you to get the best shopping bargains.
By the end of the day you will know every single detail about the life of one of the greatest painters of all times.
Lunch will be organized with your guide according to your wishes and budget and is not included.
Entrance fees not included.
Have a nice tour.