Villages of Provence Tour
Meet your professional tour guide at your cruise ship, hotel or private residence.
Board a comfortable minivan.
Start a day trip away from the beaten track to explore the authentic Provence, its vineyards, its lavender fields, its picturesque villages, its colorful markets.
Our Villages of Provence Tour includes:
- Scenic drive away from the beaten track across the picturesque countryside of Provence to the Natural Park of the Lubéron, the heart of Provence with traditional peaceful villages and protected nature.
- Lourmarin: Nested between vineyards and forests, Lourmarin has a great heritage thanks to its castle. Enjoy a private visit of the sixteenth century castle to learn about the life in Provence in this period. Today the castle is also hosting an artist foundation. Follow the walking tour in the center of the village, enjoy its relaxed atmosphere, its authentic shops and lovely cafes.
- Roussillon: A beautiful and colorful village in the middle of the French Colorado. From here your guide will invite you for a walk into the French Colorado Canyon. This Canyon is quite small and walking into is easy and safe. A ten minute walk will lead you to a superb panorama of the canyon. From the top of the canyon, Roussillon also offers a superb panorama over the Grand Lubéron Valley and its lavender fields.
- Take some time for lunch in Roussillon before heading to Gordes.
- Gordes: Awarded as the most beautiful French village Gordes is a hilltop village built in the eleventh century and offering an impressive castle. Here the specialty is the dry stone construction. All the buildings have to respect this rule. Even the new ones. You will love the view from to top of the hill of Gordes.
- Sénanque Abbey: If you tour the Lubéron Natural Park in the heart of Provence you must not and cannot miss the Sénanque Abbey. Close to Gordes, a ten minutes drive will lead you to this jewel of history and architecture from the twelfth century. The monks of this community are producing their own lavender oil and welcome the visitors.
- The Lubéron Natural Park gives also an opportunity to enjoy a drive into the lavender fields and visit the lavender museum. The lavender museum is showing a rare collection of tools and machines used to process the lavender oil since the middle ages. There you can also try exclusive creams and cosmetics made with the finest lavender of Provence.
- During the tour your private guide will recommend you to stop in the village which has its market day and guide you through the market to help you taste the best local specialties.
Lunch will be organized with your guide according to your wishes and your budget and is not included.
Have a great Villages of Provence Tour